Thursday, August 8, 2013

Soul Fro Real


Good Day Ladies and Gents! I must admit that  I was feeling a little 1960ish today, so I decided to rock a big funky fro! I mean, in my opinion, no other hair style is wilder, sexier, or free-er than the Afro, and since I feel that every person deserves to feel like a rebel at some point in their lives, I took it upon myself to include a step by step  guide on how to achieve an awesome chunky curly fro!













Step 1.  Wash and condition or Co Wash hair if needed to ensure that hair is free from buildup, dirt and debris. I Co Washed using Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Fortifying Conditioner which includes avocado oil, olive oil, and Shea butter. This was my first time using this brand and I was very surprised at how thick it was! I do prefer brands that do not have weird unnatural ingredients and unfortunately this one does, but for the 4. 95 price tag it worked very well.  Afterwards, my hair felt very soft and moisturized.



Step 2. Moisturize hair with product of choice and then separate hair into sections to reduce tangling. I Moisturized using my favorite oil, coconut.






Step 3. Take about 1 square inch of hair and coat the section with a dime size amount of your favorite styling butter or cream. I used Beautiful Textures Curl Defining Pudding. Again, very conveniently priced (5.95) and it smells heavenly!











Step 4. Braid the 1 inch section of hair half way down and then roll up using perm rod size of your choice. I used various sizes. Remember, the smaller the rod, the tighter the curl.



                                                                 



 Step 5.  After entire head is rolled, sit under hair dryer until hair is dry. I sat for about 1 hr and 15 min.





Step 6. After hair has completely dried, remove rollers, and unravel braids.







 Step 7. Finally, Fluff with fingers and there you have it! Viola! Magic!



Aztec Print Top - H&M
Coral Banded Skirt - Forever 21
Black Leather Fringe Purse - Unknown Brand
Heels - Nine West
(Entire Outfit Thrifted)

\
 



 
 
Cherry Curl signing out.... Wishing you Love, Peace and Afros!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment