Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Let's talk protective styling!




 
 
Earlier, I sat thinking to myself, "What should I blog about today?"  Clueless, I stepped away from the computer to take a quick restroom break.  Afterwards, as  I stared in the mirror washing my hands, I suddenly realized that  the answer to my question was sitting there right on top of my head! In that very moment, my fabulous turban became the inspiration for today's topic, Protective Styling!


 
 
 
A protective style is a  styling option that relieves our strands from the stress of day to day manipulation. Many of us don't realize just how much wear and tear our hair undergoes during the course of the week due to daily styling. After multiple sessions of washing,  combing, brushing, twisting, braiding and unbraiding, it is detrimental to health of our hair to give our tresses a break periodically.
 
The great thing about protective styling is that there are so many options to choose from. Depending on how much time you're willing to invest, the style you choose can be as simple or as intricate as you want it to be.  Personally, I love channeling my inner turbanista when I'm on the go,  because it's quick and easy. 
 
If you need help choosing your next protective style, I got you covered. Here are a few styles that I think you'll find simply stunning.
 
 


 












 


No comments:

Post a Comment