Thursday, August 15, 2013

Let's Twist and Shout!



The World Wide Web is flooded with tutorials that give instructions on how to achieve a fabulous Twist-Out , and I've viewed my fair share, but let me tell you, watching  and accomplishing are two different things..Lol! It definitely took me more than a few tries before I got it, and I'm still tweaking my Twist-Out technique.
 
For me, a perfect Twist-Out begins with healthy moisturized hair and a well balanced cut. Next, it's all about choosing the right twisting pomade or butter. For example, some products can be too oily or heavy and leave the hair greasy or sticky, resulting in a Twist-Out that lacks body and luster. On the other hand, when you're dealing with a product that is too light, your Twist-Out will most likely lack definition and turn out puffy or frizzy. Unfortunately, trail and error is the only process that will reveal what works best for you.   
 
With all that being said, I'll repeat and emphasize  that all the YouTube videos in the world won't help you avoid trial and error. Practice makes perfect!
 
Check out my Twist-Out routine below:


 
Step 1. Start out with clean moisturized hair. I Co-washed with Ganier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner, and I moisturized with Coconut oil.

 
 
 
 






















 Step 2. Take a 1 inch section of hair , coat with a dime sized amount of twisting butter, and then twist the hair. Do this until the entire head is twisted. I used Beautiful textures Curl Defining pudding. I added small curlers to my hair in certain areas where I wanted to enhance the curl pattern.

Step 3. Sit under dryer until twists are dry. I sat for about 45 min.




 
 
Step 4. Remove twist and curlers after hair is completely dry.
 
 
 
 
 

 
Step 5. Undo each individual twist and gently fluff hair with fingers and....Your Done!
 
 
 
Now y'all know I couldn't just let this Fab Twist-out go to waste. Quick change and then.....Photo Shoot! Lol!

Silver sweater tank -H&M
Jeggings - H&M
Silver Heels -Unknown Brand
(Entire Outfit Thrifted)



 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment