Saturday, September 21, 2013

Naturally Ashley





 Whether she's rocking her tresses curly or strait, every time I see this chic's hair,  I just go Wow! With hair down to there, I've lovingly nicknamed her My Beautiful Brown Rapunzel! Not only is this naturalista beautiful, but she also has the brains to match, and I can always count on her for great tips on how to keep my own hair healthy! With that being said, it seemed only natural for me to feature this fabulous chica here on Naturally Atlanta so that she can also share some of her haircare wisdom with you! So without further adieu, it brings me great pleasure to introduce to you my friend, Ashley!


 CherryCurl: How long have you been natural?

Ashley: When I was around 13 my stepmom put a relaxer in my fine, wavy hair. Unfortunately, it caused a lot of damage, and my mom no longer knew how to take care of it. I attempted to go natural one or two times, but I finally got it right around October 2008, and I'm still learning.

 
 
CherryCurl: What is your favorite protective style?
 
Ashely: I actually don't like wearing protective styles that much, because I love wearing my hair  out. However, the braidout has help me a lot over the years.
 
 
 
 
 
CherryCurl: I'm sure every ones dying to know how you keep your hair so luscious and long! Could you please give us all an overview of your current haircare routine?
 
Ashley: I'd be happy to..Lol! This is going to be changed really soon but as of now, On the first day of each month, I prepoo, perform a scalp massage and then shampoo my hair. Every week after that, I cowash and deep condition, then I oil my hair and scalp, and finish up with applying my leave-in. Finally, I allow my hair to air-dry. I also try to refresh my curls in the middle of the week.
 
 
 
 
 
CherryCurl: What are some of your favorite products that you like to use on your hair?
 
Ashley: Well, my favorite shampoo is Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat. I frequently use Trader Joe's Nourish Spa as a cowash and Kenra Moisturizing Deep Condition as a deep conditioner. I also love using Olive Oil to prepoo and Coconut Oil, Amla Oil, and Olive Oil Heavy Cream as moisturizers. My Favorite leave-in right now is Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie.
 
 


 
 

 CherryCurl: Finally, What do you love most about being natural?

Ashley: I can rock MY curls...The hair that grows from my scalp! It's a part of my makeup!

 
Well there you have it people! I can't say enough that maintaining a healthy head of beautiful hair is not easy, but with hard work and persistence we can all have a thick gorgeous mane like Ms. Ashley!


No comments:

Post a Comment